Tickled Pink’s truly amazing bridal gown Sale has begun with scores of bargain dresses available for brides looking to save hundreds of pounds. It’s our policy to ensure all our lovely dresses are totally on trend so as new ones are arriving our old friends has to make way on the rails. There are occasionwear outfits in the mix too so don’t forget to let mum known.
Festive Greeting to All our customers past present and future. Here are our opening times. Open Saturday 23rd, Closed 25th and 26th, Open 27,28,29,30. Closed January 1st, open Tuesday January 2nd. From Jan 9th we will be closed every Tuesday
Now arriving daily, new season 2018 occasionwear fashion ideal for mothers of the bride or groom from John Charles and Veni Infantino. These very popular fashion-led outfits are already being snapped up by mums loving that fresh and trendy look. Call 01302 842234 for your personal appointment. Full range of sizes.
Tickled Pink’s bridalwear shop in Hatfield Doncaster has just been fully updated to meet the needs of the digital-age bride and her family with their elegant new website configured to be fully accessible to your mobile phone.
A survey by Brides magazine readers – the “poshest” of the UK bridal magazines – shows that the average spent by their brides on a wedding dress is £1,378 , some £100 up on last year’s figure, showing that clients are feeling more confident in spending that little bit more for the dress they really want. Don’t forget that this is a national average and includes top of the range designer dresses only found in London shops which draw in wealthy overseas visitors on a shopping spree.
Online advisor confetti.com’s survey reports top colours for bridesmaids are the pastel shades of blue, purple, pink and turquoise. Brides choose shades of ivory or white for their dress, with a handful going for gold shades. As for styles, A-line is the tops by far followed by fishtails, with the ballgown designs, which once dominated, accounting for just a fifth. Some love retro, while with same-sex weddings it’s real mix of styles.
The Sun Investigate Online Wedding Dress Pitfalls
Did you see the full page article in Wednesday’s Sun (p37), telling the story of brides who had fallen victim to bogus online wedding dress sites?
They showed seven examples of the brides “Dream Dress” and pictures of the actual horror show that arrived. Don’t forget these poor ladies will have paid for the dress, the website will have disappeared off the face of the earth, and then the bride will have had to rush round looking for a last minute solution. It’s not news to us here at Tickled Pink, as we are regularly called upon to rescue panic-stricken brides with tear-stained faces. Fortunately we carry over one hundred “sample” dresses on our rails at any one time to make the wedding day a happy one. Many of our suppliers keep a range of styles and sizes on hand in their UK warehouses to help with the rescue act. What heroes. Tickled Pink is a founder member of the Retail Bridalwear Association which has worked with Brides Aware a website set up to expose these practices. Always buy from a bricks-and-mortar retailer, you will be fully protected by UK consumer law.
Big name brands stocked by Tickled Pink, Doncaster, have swept the bridal industry “Oscars” at the glittering annual industry bash in Harrogate Exhibition Centre. Hosted by trade magazine Bridal Buyer, the judges selected Maggie Sottero as the top name for Wedding Dresses, Kelsey Rose, part of the Ellis empire, for Bridesmaids, Veni Infantino, owned by Ronald Joyce for mother-of-the-bride outfits, and mens hire supplier Peter Posh. One-time Awards judge Dave Ketteridge, co-owner of Tickled Pink, comments: “These awards are a real honour for the brands concerned and are based on the way they continue to produce produce fresh designs, beautifully finished and at a price to suit the customers. These names are part of the Tickled Pink heritage.”
A big Thankyou to all those lovely brides and grooms who voted the Tickled Pink exhibition stand -“Simply the Best” at the Doncaster Racecourse Wedding Fayre on Sunday. Organised by Ido bridal magazine, the big event featured hundreds of exhibitors and was thronged with enthusiastic couples and their friends and familes from start to finish. Our stand featured Bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses , mother of the bride and mother of the groom fashion plus mens formal wear -including the trend-setting colour, indigo.
Wedding magazine You and Your Wedding are tipping indigo as the new hot colour for the fellers – and at Tickled Pink we have been leading the way with a full range of outfits in stock to try on – plus the waistcoats and neckwear to coordinate perfectly.
Also trending this season – waistcoats in subtle checks. Ask the Mens Hire team for a viewing – waistcoats for sale, and only £40 in your size, ideal for wearing with suit jacket or jeans. What a bargain. and happy memories too.
What a lovely card from Kate and Alex to say Thankyou to our girls in Mens Hire for their wedding day mens’ suits.
“The men looked fantastic in them. I cannot begin to tell you how many people commented on how lovely the suits looked – and they all fitted perfectly. We will definitely recommend you to everyone we can, as the service from start to finish was Five Star *****. xxxx.
Such lovely comments. We’re still blushing !
You and Your Wedding, the UK’s top-selling bridal magazine, have come up with their Top Ten Rules for Wedding Dress Shopping – and by and large the sales girls at Tickled Pink here in Doncaster, are right on side. This is their advice :
1) Do your research first. BUT we say, also listen to advice from our girls, we have nearly thirty years experience in looking after some ten thousand brides to back us up.
2) Think about price. YES, BUT don’t forget, until you start seriously looking and discovering what suits you best, you won’t know where to start as regards price.
3) Keep the numbers down. WE TOTALLY AGREE. Too many opinions from friends and relatives can be confusing.
4) Alterations charges are usually extra . Yes there are charges, BUT Our Tickled Alterations Experts, are trained to make wedding dresses too, so they know the best way to get a fabulous fit.
5) Don’t try on the whole shop. GOOD ADVICE. Too many dresses, and the Bride will get confused and too tired to make a sound decision.
6) Only order when certain. GOOD ADVICE AGAIN. Your Order is a Contract with the retailer, who then places an order with a supplier, again forming a legally binding contract. It’s totally different from buying high street fashion where you can usually return goods.
7) Are you expecting to change shape ? Discuss it with the shop first. It’s quite normal for this question to come up, so discuss it with the Tickled Pink girls and then agree the best way forward.
8) Wear “sensible” underwear. WHAT WE SAY IS – choose the foundation garments that you plan to wear under your dress, whether sensible or sensational . Also, don’t forget to decide on your heel height too, so the dress length can be decided upon.
9) Don’t wear fake tan or heavy make-up. THIS IS PRETTY CRUCIAL ADVICE. You’ll find most shops will ask you to get into the dress with a chiffon headscarf over your head to protect the dress. Fake tan and make-up are a devil to get off such lovely fabrics.
10) Call Ahead. YES PLEASE, EVERY TIME. At Tickled Pink, we book out Personal Time for every bride. The only other way to do it, is to have a Waiting Area in the shop, with every client holding a number – just like at the Deli counter in the supermarket. It can make for an interesting visit, but it can also be very time-consuming. Our number 01302 842234 extn 20. Happy shopping !